Tuesday, September 25

Resorts and birthday parties

Not that I don't LOVE these kids, but a little bit of a break from routine this weekend was much needed. Friday evening Zuena came home from the hospital! We were all very excited and it was such an answer to prayers. Now it has been almost 4 days having everyone back in the house and I pray that we stay like this:) Having Zuena back home was reason to celebrate, even thugh she fell asleep pretty early, but we ordered pizza and made a brownie boxed mix from the U.S! Next best to Thanksgiving haha. 

I have come to love Saturday mornings - and I think this is going to continue to be the case, and even more so, when I am actually a teacher and getting up much earlier than I am here haha. Here we start school at 9, but setting my alarm at 8 is wishful thinking. Kids are up between 6 and 6:30 and hang out right outside my room, either on the porch or in the living room - so sleeping through them is nearly impossible. But on Saturday mornings I at least get to know I don't have to get up for anything and try my hardest to lay in bed until 8, and then even still I get to get my breakfast and coffee and lounge all morning. It's pretty great! This Saturday, Erika, one of the girls here, asked if i wanted to go to the pool after we changed Sam's foot bandages, and obviously I said yes! First, it should be noted Sam did not cry at all and instead was giggling and laughing while trying to bite me and call me "Jaja B" (meaning grandma B) - I first called him Jaja Sam because he has such a grandpa laugh haha - but he did so great and we are all so happy to see it getting so much better! But around 10:30, Erika and I headed to the Jinja Nile Resort, which you pay 6,000 shillings (equivalent to about $2.25) and you get to swim at their pool that overlooks the Nile river. It's absolutely beautiful and being there laying out, swimming, and reading was such a vacation day. There are all sorts of tropical trees and plants and we even saw 3 monkeys! The weather was beautiful and we really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, relaxing day! And then it was still fun to come home and dance and sing with the kids later that night:)

Then Sunday we had a birthday party for Ditte, a little girl here! It was a Tangled theme princess party and it was the cutest! Coming home from church Emily got all set up, complete with a dress up box and tea party! It was so precious and so fun seeing the kids dress up, play, and celebrate:) All in all a great weekend! 

I'm really looking forward to next weekend as well! The Passion Conference (yes, the one held in Atlanta every year) is coming to Kampala! Not the entire conference, but just a night of worship and such, and we are going! I have really been wanting to go, so am so excited I get to go next weekend - yes a much smaller scale, but in Uganda!? So cool!! I'll definitely be letting everyone know how it goes:)

1 comment:

  1. Brecklyn, sounds like you are so using your talents and also having some time to enjoy yourself and recharge your soul. Enjoy this weekend. Hugs/Prayers. Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete