Monday, November 19

1 Week. Again.

Bittersweet? Yes.

Ready to leave? No.

Excited to go home and see family and friends? Yes.

Hard to say good bye? Don't even want to think about it.

Had an amazing time? Beyond so.

Life changing? Yes.

Favorite part? Being a part of the lives of such beautiful children and seeing the beauty of His creation in each of them.

Want to go back? Yes.

When? Praying about that now. You are welcome to join.


Just some of the thoughts running through my head right now as I look towards the next week and how one week from today will be my last full day here at Ekisa and one week from tomorrow I will be home. Before coming I shared some of my answers to questions that had been asked of me all summer as I was preparing for my trip, and here are some of the answers to questions as I prepare to leave. It is beyond crazy that it has been three months, and I am so overwhelmed with how God has used my time here to shape more of how I see the world and His people in it. 

Last week, I got home from Kenya on Thursday morning (smoother travels home for the most part) and that evening Mary Grace headed home. It was a pretty hard day just because seeing her say goodbye really hit me that in less than two weeks I'd be doing the same. However, even with my short time left after getting back from Kenya, I think that visit was really something I needed and God knew that, as He is preparing my heart for leaving here. Being in Kenya, at real homes, being able to snuggle on couches and watch movies, eat home cooked dinners, be in a family setting, have hot showers, and many more things like this reminded me of home and definitely made me excited to get back to some of these things in the States. It also I think put a good separation in my time here, and allowed me to come back to Uganda with the mindset of wrapping things up, and trying to figure out all the things I want to do and people I want to see before leaving. My list isn't long, but I pray that this week I am able to really enjoy the time I have here, but be able to look forward to getting home, for this is the path He has for me right now.

"Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways." 
Proverbs 4:25-26



1 comment:

  1. Brecklyn,
    I have shared your visit to Africa with my first grade students. It helps them to have a personal connection when they have no real schema from which to draw.
    We all wish you safe travel as you return to the United States. Perhaps you'll be able to share a bit of your adventure with us when you return.
    Godspeed.
    Love,
    Stacy Sefton

    ReplyDelete