Thursday, October 17

And in one month...


…Mom and Dad are here (or at least begin their journey here)! And I am so excited! I don’t think that I’m as home sick as I thought I would be at this point, but man am I looking forward to having them here.

In looking forward to things we are going to do, I think what excites me the most is just knowing that they get to see and experience my life here. For at least this year, this place is my life; these friends; these kids; this job; this ministry; this warm weather (as sad as I will be when it starts snowing at home); and Mom and Dad get to be a part of it.

And I know that with them coming here, they’ll get it. Get the way this place tugs on my heart-strings and has drawn me back. Get the love that has developed for each of our kids at Ekisa, and how easy it is for any number of them to make my day. Get the community I feel here and in it’s own way reminds me of small-town Berryville, which feels like home. But more than anything, get that me being here is not actually about me at all, but is seeking to glorify the Lord and the plans He has laid out for me.

These are all things that I know they have caught glimpses of. They have seen and heard the joy that I feel in being here, have gone through pictures that barely scratch the surface of these kids’ personalities and beauty, and have joined me in praying and seeking wisdom that this really is where God has called me. Now, in one month, they really get to be here. I am so excited, and ask for prayers for safe travels for them, the calming of anxieties, and for the building of excitement in travelling half-way around the world to see their favorite oldest daughter:)

No comments:

Post a Comment