Tuesday, August 21

1 WEEK!

1 week from today I get on the plane and head across the world. People have been asking me all summer if I'm getting ready for my trip, or if I'm ready, or how I feel, and most of the time the answers are "kind of," "not quite," and "so excited!" Now, one week before I leave, the answers are "trying to," "still not quite," and "still so excited, but a little nervous."

This past weekend I was in Richmond after being in the wedding of one of my best friends - Mrs. Brittney Kraus :)  Not only was it such a blessing to get to be a part of such a beautiful weekend and celebration, it was also so nice to be able to see, and consequently, say good bye to so many close friends. However, with that said, it was a much more emotional weekend than expected, as it was a lot harder to say good byes than I thought it would be. I realize that three months is not that long and will go so quickly, but I started to feel some feelings of anxiousness of going by myself, not really knowing what to expect, and adjusting to everything as it comes.

I have mentioned previously how I am completely affirmed that this is where God wants me this fall, and I don't think I can truly describe how awesome that feels! So with that, I know that I need to cast my fears and anxieties to Him (1 Peter 5:7), and I ask that you pray for me to do this as well. I want to be on my way to Uganda in a week with a heart that is anxious to serve Him and His beautiful children!

Here's my itinerary:
Depart from Dulles: August 28 at 11:25 P.M. (it will be a late night for my parents)
Two Hour Layover in Istanbul, Turkey, than land in Entebbe, Uganda at 2:50 A.M. where I will be picked up by a hotel van and spend the rest of the night at the Entebbe Inn :) Later that morning I will be picked up by someone from Ekisa, and then taken to Jinja to meet everyone!

I am assuming that I will get internet access somewhere, so hopefully I will be able to at least get on to let everyone know how travels are going! Please also pray for safe and easy travels! Thank you all for your support, prayers, and interest in my adventure - I really could not be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment