Saturday, June 1

I am loved.

Put very, very simply. Yes, I am loved. And I am so very grateful.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has showered me with love, encouragement, words of wisdom and advice, prayers, and time in these past couple of weeks as I’ve been getting ready to head off on my next big adventure. Well that day is here – and I could not be more thrilled at this opportunity to go back to Uganda and serve the Lord in this way!

Thank you to my friends in Charlottesville – from UVA, the Curry School, my Community Group, and families I babysit for.  Friends who housed me and let me crash on their couches when I moved out of my house. Friends who prayed for me and this trip, for support raising and good community in Uganda. Friends who encouraged me as I finished student teaching and were there with me at graduation.

Thank you to my Portico Church family. I had the chance to speak at Portico last Sunday and am so thankful that God led me to becoming a part of a church body that is so intentional, missionally driven, and supportive. Thank you to everyone who have already sent me emails or spoke with me at church last Sunday! I’m sorry I haven’t been the quickest responder, but I promise that they really mean so much to me! And thank you for your prayers; I am so eager to see how God is going to use me in Uganda, and am blessed that I get to share in that with you all as a church body!

Thank you to amazing and wonderful community in Berryville. I am so grateful for everyone who came out to my grad/going-away party, even to just stop by to say hi and bye. Thank you to everyone who wrote me letters that I get to take with me to Uganda to let me feel a little closer to home. I am so grateful for my friendships here, and being surrounded by people who have loved me and cared for me for most of my life!

Thank you to everyone who has called or texted me over the course of the last week, some of whom I know I didn’t get back to; I’m sorry, I’m sometimes the worst with communication. But my thank you is very sincere. Thank you for taking the time in thinking of me and letting me know. I am so thankful for the phone conversations that I did get to have this week with so many people that I love, who don’t live close, but I am reminded how great those relationships are!

A big thank you to my parents. I have loved the time I have had at home, and as hard as it has been on you to get ready for me to leave for a year, thank you for trusting in the Lord’s plan for me and His sovereignty in calling me to Uganda for this period of my life. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for you both. Thank you for all your love that you continuously shower on Anna, Stephan, and me - we are so very blessed to have parents like you!

Thank you to everyone who is reading this and keeping up with me during my year in Uganda! I will do my best to keep you updated and tell of the awesome things that God is doing! More than anything I am thankful for how He works and how He choses to use someone like me to bring Him glory. Pretty incredible. 

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

1 comment:

  1. Hi B! So thankful for you! Hope your year is wonderful! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete