Sunday, June 23

Movie Night

-->
Well a lot has been going on in the past couple of weeks, but as I sit here trying to recall everything I’ve been up to, I’m struggling thinking about day-to-day simply because it has become day-to-day. I am learning more about our kiddos’ cases, becoming a much more familiar face in our office, and getting more and more excited about moving forward with reunifications and adoption cases!

Until I can think about a specific story to tell, here’s what I did on my Saturday night!! Walter’s birthday was on Thursday and he turned eight years old! Thursday night we went over to the house for cake and a movie with the kids, and got to sneak a few birthday hugs and kisses:) Then last night we had Walter and Sam over for a sleepover at the “new house”. We walked back from the house and they were all giggles and so excited. I had been telling them that I had something for them from home and promised when they came to the house they could get them. So pretty quickly after walking into the house, they asked about “my bag” (because I had said it was in my bags, or suitcases). I had put together a Nerf basketball hoop, that Stephan helped me pick out at home, and then they got matching Superman shirts! So precious – and very perfect, as they are very into super heroes!! I wasn’t sure what a hit the basketball hoop would be but it was great! They loved it and it was so funny watching try to make some. Sam even had some nice sound effects where he would say “aww” over and over, as he missed it, then when he’d get it, maybe every fifth shot, would shoot his arms up and squeal “yay”. I tried taking a video but it didn’t work too well. Here is a picture though! Dad, you’ll have fun with this when you get here:)


My Supermans:)

Clearly showing off their muscles!

After playing inside for a while, we went outside and played soccer, then ordered pizza for dinner, and then set up a projector and watched Batman Begins, complete with popcorn. Yes, a little old, but we fast-forwarded the scary scenes! They loved it and it was quite a treat getting to snuggle with them during the movie. Uncle Luke, a volunteer here, is living on our couch for this week before he heads back to America, and he had a tent that he brought with him that they set up in the living room and the three boys all slept in there. I don’t think Uncle Luke got much sleep haha. This morning I walked out to the boys playing with my iPad in the tent and it was just too precious not to take a picture of. The boys got dressed in their smart clothes and we headed to church! Pretty great weekend if you ask me!


"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment