Friday, August 23

And sometimes things go wrong

One step forward, two steps back.

For the big step we took last week, it definitely seems we fallen at least two, maybe three or four steps, behind this week. I mentioned last week that our meeting with the adoption agency went really well and we were really excited about moving forward with them. However, after sending them the list of kids that we have who are adoptable, they sent us an email back earlier two days ago stating that they had too many children with special needs around the world who were waiting to be adopted so they are not able to work with us currently. I could rant more about this, share my disappointment, and tell you how it led us almost to tears, but I think I’ll leave it there.

We are now in the process of seeking other agencies, but we are all pretty bummed right now. Keeping Ekisa in your prayers would be great, and much appreciated. I trust in the Lord’s sovereignty over this and know He’s got incredible plans for our kids and this ministry, but pray that He continues to guide our steps as we figure where to go from here. Thank you!

Here's a verse that has been on my heart the past couple of weeks, that I am especially clinging to and trusting right now:
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.
Isaiah 25:1

No comments:

Post a Comment